Experience Day COVID-19 T's and C's
Animal experiences As a result of the Covid-19 pandemic, we have had to change and update our polices and procedures. Below is a list of measures that we have put in place to ensure we minimise the risk to our customers and also our animals. It is important that you familiarise yourselves with our T’s and C’s before your visit. These are in place to protect yourself and others as well as our animals.
- If you have any symptoms of Covid-19 or are worried you may have been exposed to the virus through close contact with someone else, PLEASE RESCHEDULE your experience for the safety of our staff, visitors and animals. We are happy to extend expiry dates where the need arises. Please get in touch with us by email if this applies to you.
- Our centre is only small and therefore you will be required to wait outside of the building until you are called. We are observing the 2 metre social distancing rule at all times inside the centre.
- Please note that we cannot store any personal items, including coats, bags etc. We advise you to leave these items in your car. You will not be able to take any loose items into enclosures.
- Please wear long trousers, long sleeves and closed toed shoes.
- Before entering the building, you will be expected to put on a clean facemask. If you do not have one we can provide you with a mask at a cost of £1 each. All participants, regardless of age, will be required to wear a face mask.
- Upon entering you will be:
- asked to use a foot dip.
- asked to wash your hands in the sink provided. Please ensure you wash your hands properly using the government guidelines.
- asked to use the hand sanitiser gel provided.
- provided with vinyl disposable gloves which must be worn throughout the experience.
- The keeper will explain how to enter and exit the animal’s enclosures safely. You must follow these instructions to ensure the safety of the animals whilst adhering to the social distancing rules.
- Experiences will be run for family or bubble groups between 2 and 4 people, we are not selling single tickets at this current time.
- We are limiting spectators to one per family/bubble and this person must wear a face mask and stand at the designated area and not wander around.
- Phones will not be permitted in the animal enclosures, however we are happy to take photos for you and email across after the experience day so you still have memories of your visit.
- After the experience, you will be asked to remove your gloves immediately, placing them into the bin provided.
- You will need to use the hand sanitiser gel once more and then you are free to leave or have a quick look at the other animals.
This is a very difficult time for us and we hope you will understand the need for these procedures to be enforced.
For your piece of mind, our staff will all be wearing facemasks, will regularly wash their hands and use hand sanitiser gel. Door handles, the sink and tap will be regularly disinfected. Please note that there will not be access to a toilet.