University and College Animal Workshops
Zoo2U can offer Universities and Colleges a wide range of animal related encounters. The Zoo2U core values are to Interact, Educate and Inspire with their amazing group of exotic animals. In the past their focus on education has brought Zoo2U to many Colleges and Universities where they have offered a vast array of bespoke animal encounters.
Below are three examples of the benefits Zoo2U can bring to your College and University:
Keele University - Newcastle Under Lyme
Zoo2U visited students with a selection of animals across a number of planned visits to teach on husbandry aspects and legalities within the captive exotic animal industry. These were presented in lectures and hands on sessions to students. The interactive experience proved to be invaluable to students and lecturers alike.
Liverpool John Moores University - Screen School TV Studios; Liverpool
Special Needs Schools
For children and adults with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND), Zoo2U offer a fantastic opportunity for animal therapy sessions with our exotic animals. A really popular topic is ‘textures’ and with the great variety of reptiles, birds and mammals that can all be touched and stroked, Zoo2U can carry out a fur, feather and scales session.
Zoo2U have seen firsthand what an amazing effect animal’s have on these remarkable individuals. If you are lucky enough to work with these children or adults and have never experienced ‘animal therapy’ then please get in contact and see with your own eyes. It’s a very humbling experience.
Zoo2U are proud of the fantastic feedback they have received. To see just one great example of how the children can interact and be inspired see below:
After School Activities and Youth Groups
If you are looking for something different, interesting, fun and educational to do with your youth group then look no further. Zoo2u will bring a variety of amazing exotic creatures to meet your group and everyone will get a chance to touch and hold the animals whilst learning lots of fun facts about each animal including where they are from, what they eat and how they behave.
Zoo2U are very experienced and can cater for all types of clubs, including:
- After School Clubs
- Rainbows, Brownies and Guides
- Cubs, Beavers and Scouts
- Holiday Clubs (click here to see a Zoo2U holiday club)
- Other after school clubs or activity sessions
Zoo2U provide an amazing opportunity to get close to creatures that most children will only ever see behind glass at a zoo, however there are many more benefits including:
- Sensory learning boosts children’s confidence
- Children remain in familiar and safe surroundings
- Suitable for all ages, boys and girls.
- Broadens children’s knowledge
- Much cheaper and less hassle than a visit to the zoo
- Learning can continue even after the animals depart
- Tailor-made workshops are our speciality
- Very interactive and fun – all our animals are friendly and comfortable with handling
- All learning styles are engaged
- Zoo2U staff are fully insured, licensed and DBS (CRB) checked
- Special discounts available when 2 or more sessions are booked.
We understand the financial challenges that face us all, so our prices start from as little as £155 per hour, which is under £5.20 per child based on an average group of 30.